*~*~*~*

Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm a baaaaad bloggy mommy!

http://reallynothingspecial.blogspot.com/2008/06/sad-computer-face.html

My blog is sad. It feels neglected.
My book is sad. It feels malnourished.
I feel like a jerk.

Granted my book hasn't been neglected nearly as long as my poor, poor blog but both haven't been given the time they deserve.
AND
When I neglect my blog I usually neglect all of yours.
Ugh, I'm so sorry!
But it's a new year!
No, I'm not making it a New Year's resolution to blog and write more.
Resolutions barely last through January.
Instead I'm taking the advice a guest speaker at church gave yesterday:

Make this year a do-over.

It's a new year and a new clean slate.
Make this year better than the last. Do things with the best of your ability.
Let go of grudges and unforgiving.
Let go of your past failures & take only the lessons into the new year.
Choose happiness.
Choose awesomeness!
Remember:
WWJD?
What Would Jesus Do?
Ok, I guess Jesus probably wouldn't kill characters in the book He's writing and if He was stuck on a lake in a boat without oars He could just walk to shore...and I can't do that.
But you get my drift, right?
Be nice.
Be honorable.
love.


Alrighty, enough of this mushy stuff! :P
Besides, I'm kind of setting you up.
Just remember sick kids who's Christmas was ruined for my next post.

Okee, now to end on a goofy note because seriousness & mush makes my teeth hurt.
Found this when looking for sad computers and it cracked me up.

I know, I know, he's about to be hit in the face with a tennis ball and I probably shouldn't be laughing.
What can I say?
I'm a little sick and twisted. ;)

So
Are any of you in need of a do-over in 2012?
Will you be choosing awesomeness for this year?
Is anyone else sick & twisted and thinks this picture is funny?



36 comments:

  1. That picture IS hilarious! Love it.

    I love the idea of a do-over. I'm doing that. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari~ I'm so glad you think it's funny, too! Lol!
    I think just about everyone could benefit from a Do-over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the look on his face is funny . .

    I need to get lots of things done in 2012 :)

    See ya around Amanda.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely choosing awesomeness this year! Blogging is a lot of work but I realized being on here keeps me inspired to keep moving ahead with my writing because of the support you find through blogging. And yes I find the picture hilarious. I wish you had the after pic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna~ His face is definitely funny! Lol!

    Crystal~ Haha! I was totally thinking the same thing about the after pic! And you're right, it does keep me inspired even though it seems to take quite a bit of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture's pretty hysterical. As a photographer, that's the kind of thing it's fun to capture.

    I like your view on the New Year. This shall definitely be a DO OVER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon~ Yes, I'd imagine that would be a great thing to capture. :) Lol!
    Do-overs all around! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the picture's pretty funny. He looks like he's angry at the tennis ball already.

    I think I did pretty well for 2011 - didn't get my driver's licence yet, but I'm still working on it. It was a pretty good year for books and for my blog, but I want to get better at the revision thing in 2012, with Holly Lisle's help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Amanda, I'm hosting a blog hop to help people like us try to blog on a regular basis. Basically, you'll outline blog topics for the next 4-6 weeks, publish the editorial calendar to you blog, and then tag three people to do the same. If you're anything like me, not knowing what to write makes it easy not to write anything at all.

    I'd love to have your join the party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I'm looking for your contact info for a book review/post?
    Can you email me at EdenLiterary at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's quite funny - like when you know someones o'thar but they suprise you at the LastMoment. High, again, Amen.

    If you saw what I saw… Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, robustNrisquĂ©, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Meet me Upstairs. Cya soon...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity on your post is just spectacular and i can think you're a professional on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to clutch your RSS feed to stay updated with imminent post. Thanks one million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

    My blog: http://obattumorpayudara.net/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fortunately still be sipped bitter . At least we can measure it as what it's sweet
    Cara alami atasi batuk pilek bayi

    ReplyDelete
  14. pobud give thanks to the almighty , thanks

    obat maag

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you for giving me the opportunity to comment .

    ReplyDelete
  16. always trying without giving up and embarrassment , continue to fight as long as we can maintain it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. obat yang bisa membantu anda dalam menyembuhkan bebagai penyakit
    obat usus bocor yang aman

    ReplyDelete
  18. Manfaat Kopi Jrenk Untuk Kesehatan Vitalitas pada pria ataupun wanita yang sudah terbukti khasiatnya dan juga aman untuk dikonsumsi karena terbuat dari rempah-rempah dan herbal pilihan. Kopi Jrenk atau Kopi Rempah Jrenk ini mempunyai banyak khasiat yang dapat mengatasi berbagai macam masalah pada vitalitas pria.

    ReplyDelete