~First of all~
Have you visited Write Hope?
Why the heck not??
GET OVER THERE! AWESOME THINGS ARE WAITING FOR YOU!
These items are up for bid now:
- A signed copy of XVI by Julia Karr
- A 30 minute Skype chat with Meredith Barnes
- A signed copy of The Reinvention of Edison Thomas by Jacqueline Houtman
- A 20 page critique from author Rae Carson
- A pre-order of Bad Taste in Boys and 20 page critique from Carrie Harris
- A signed copy of Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
- A signed copy of If I Stay and ARC of Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Much More To Come!
~Second of all~
It's time for the Second Crusade Challenge!!
So, in 100 words or less (you're keeeeling me Rach!) we are to write a flash fiction story starting with the words, "The goldfish bowl teetered". For even more of a challenge, write it in the genre you write.
Hmmm, so here is my Paranormal flash fiction starring a goldfish!
The goldfish bowl teetered on the edge of the counter. Light flashed inside, casting warbled light on the walls.
"Creepy carny guy gave me a radioactive fish!" I yelled, ducking. I heard a strange whine then a loud pop, glass shards & water sprayed the kitchen. I peeked around the corner & gasped. A hot, yet very naked, guy replaced the fish. He blinked at the water dripping from his dark hair. "What the hell?" he mouthed before noticing me. He startled and grabbed the glass fruit bowl next to him, oranges bounced at my feet.
I smiled & wondered if I should tell him the bowl just magnified & distorted.
"Hi," I said instead. "I named you Ariel, I'm guessing that'll never do."
Whatever! HIS name could be Skidmark and I bet no one would care!
Thank you CW's Smallville for casting hot guys
and someone named cherryvamp over at Photobucket for the pic!