*~*~*~*

Friday, February 4, 2011

Hello Blogger People

So...I'm new. I've been rolling the idea of starting a blog around in my mind for quite a while now. But I'm a master procrastinator and a bit of a chicken. I was terrified of the idea of thinking up things to blog about on a regular basis and even more terrified of having people see these things I think up. I've been reading other writer's blogs and they all seem much more knowledgeable than I, have great guest interviews and put on 'epic' contests. I write novels. The cleverness evolves through the fabricated world and lives of my characters. Novels are generally longer than a typical blog post. But, I started to notice I was the ONLY person in the UNIVERSE that didn't have a blog! I felt so ALONE. Here I was, feeling so current being on Twitter, belonging to an on-line writers group, attending WriteOnCon, mastering Facebook...I mean I AM the go-to person for social networking and searching Google in my household (hey, its a house of seven!). But I discovered that I was quite mistaken. So here I am. A blogger. Beginning my writer's platform.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome...from one scorpio/writer/mom to another.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging :) You have an awesome "voice" already- I'm looking forward to checking out some of your writing work in the future.

    We've done some interviews and contests at All the World's Our Page, and we've *whispers* stumbled into it without a clue what we were doing. Kristen from our page sent the amazing Deanna Raybourn, author of the Lady Julia Gray series, an email to say how much she'd enjoyed the books, and thought she may as well also send over some interview questions and see what happened. Deanna was kind enough to do an extensive interview, and you can imagine there was a lot of excited squealing about it from all of us. The lesson- you can only fail if you don't try, so you may as well give it a shot :)

    In the meantime, you really don't need to do a single thing beyond write about writing, and you'll still be interesting. The best part of blogging is that it can be whatever you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nikki, thanks for the welcome:) Three things in common! Awesome;) I look forward to getting to know you better during the Crusades.
    Claire, thank you so much for the nice welcome and all the great advice. Everybody has been really cool so far. That is awesome that you guys took a shot in the dark and got a awesome interview! You're right,I just can't know until I try. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging. I'm new to the crusade, but already it's been great to meet other writers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Blog land.....you know what's the best bit....finding new friends from different parts of the World....hoping to read more from you...

    ReplyDelete